Kyrus Mobile takes your privacy seriously. The U.S. federal government and technology industry have developed practical tips to help guard against fraud and protect your personal information.
How Kyrus Mobile uses your personal information
Information collection and use
Kyrus Mobile collects personal information when you register with Kyrus Mobile, when you use Kyrus Mobile products or services (including Kyrus Mobile applications on your mobile phones), when you visit Kyrus Mobile pages or the pages of certain Kyrus Mobile partners. Kyrus Mobile may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from your employer, your employees, business partners or other companies. When fleet user accounts are created, we ask for (or obtain from your employer) information such as employee names, mobile phone numbers, and email addresses. When users and employers sign in to our services or use our mobile phone application, you are not anonymous to us. Kyrus Mobile collects information about your transactions with us. Kyrus Mobile automatically receives and records information from your phone, including your IP address, status of Kyrus Mobile applications, connection status with vehicles equipped with Kyrus Mobile products, speed of such vehicles, duration of inactivity/power off status, software and hardware attributes. Our solution generates audit and compliance reports for employers that document the ongoing use of our distraction prevention solution.
Kyrus Mobile uses information for the following general purposes:
- To customize the content you see
- Generate compliance reports on distracted driving behavior for users, employers and interested third parties such as insurance companies
- Provide evidence for legal proceeding relating to driving incidents
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Improve our services
- Contact you
- Conduct research
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal clients
No Tracking of Location
Kyrus Mobile does not access any GPS systems or hardware, built into your mobile phone or vehicle or otherwise. We do not collect any information on your location at any time.
Information sharing and disclosure
Kyrus Mobile does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you’ve requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Kyrus Mobile under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Kyrus Mobile communicate with you about offers from Kyrus Mobile and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We have a parent’s permission to share the information if the user is a child under age 18. Parents have the option of allowing Kyrus Mobile to collect and use their child’s information without consenting to Kyrus Mobile sharing of this information with people and companies who may use this information for their own purposes.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
Kyrus Mobile works with vendors, partners, advertisers, and other service providers in different industries and categories of business.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
You can edit your personal account information at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Kyrus Mobile service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Kyrus Mobile Newsletter, that are considered part of your Kyrus Mobile account, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. You can delete your Kyrus Mobile account by visiting our Account Deletion page. We will retain all data collected by our solution until we have received a direct request from employers to have such accounts and data deleted.
Parents can review, edit, and delete information relating to their child’s Kyrus Mobile account using tools offered by Kyrus Mobile Family Accounts. If a parent chooses not to allow us to further collect or use a child’s information, parents enrolled in Kyrus Mobile Family Accounts can delete their child’s account by signing into that child’s account and then visiting our Account Deletion page. Please click here to read about information that might possibly remain in our archived records after your account has been deleted.
Confidentiality and security
We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to protect personal information about you.
Kyrus Mobile may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Kyrus Mobile account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Questions and suggestions
If you have questions, suggestions, or wish to make a complaint, please complete a feedback form or you can contact us at:
If you wish to contact Kyrus Mobile electronically, please use the form on the Contact Us page.
See our mailing address.
Effective Date: July 6, 2011